2010-2012 AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
FOR THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF BOHOL
- Best-Governed Province for two consecutive years, in 2010 and 2011 – by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), based on DILG’s Local Governance Management Performance System (LGMPS); which measures the performance of LGUs in administrative, social, economic, and environmental governance and also assesses transparency, participation in governance, and financial accountability.
- Seal of Good Housekeeping in 2011-2012 – awarded by the DILG in recognition of its good performance in internal housekeeping, particularly in planning, sound fiscal management, transparency and accountability, and for valuing performance management.
- Gawad Pamana ng Lahi in 2011 and 2012– also called the Presidential Local Government Heritage Award, is a recognition of the Bohol Provincial Government for practicing responsible governance, sharing with the national government the objectives of advancing economic prosperity, social well-being, & environmental integrity and for upholding the principles of performance, accountability & transparency. In 2012, the Provincial Government of Bohol got a 100% rating from Local Governance Performance Management System (LGPMS) – DILG
- Galing Pook Award – given by the Galing Pook Foundation for the provincial government’s multi-sectorial, integrated, and two-pronged approach in the elimination and control of rabies called the Bohol Rabies Prevention and Elimination Program.
- TESDA National Kabalikat Award -in recognition of the province’s exemplary contribution in the advancement of technical vocational education and training in the country.
- Gawad Bayanihan Award in 2011 and 2012 – given by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, as the Best Stakeholder for Internal Peace and Security Plan during the 76th Anniversary of the AFP. The award acknowledges the provincial government’s full partnership with the Armed Forces in the implementation of the Bayanihan ( School Building) Program.
In 2012, Bohol was lauded for its Purok Power Movement and ProTeam approach of pooling resources and capabilities to bring out peace and development down to the barangay and Purok level.
- DepEd 2011 Excellence Award – of the Department of Education national office, as the Best Implementer in the School building Program Implementation nationwide. The award acknowledges the DepEd-Bohol Division for its accomplishments including the Bayanihan Program for Long-Term Partnership in Education in partnership with the Provincial Government of Bohol.
- Outstanding Province in the Region & Grand Slam Nutrition Award on All Categories in Region VII –were cited for the outstanding implementation of the Nutrition Program.
- Award by the National Museum of the Philippines – its outstanding support and assistance in various forms and the efficient and effective implementation of the National Museum’s projects and programs.
- Award for TaRSIER 117 – the Telephone and Radio Systems Integrated Emergency Response (TaRSIER) 117 was cited by the Bureau of Fire Protection for its outstanding commitment and support in its the fire-fighting operations in the campaign towards fire-safe communities and as an emergency response system during accidents, crimes, disasters and other emergencies.
- Bohol is named as Learning Destination for Good Environmental Governance, Tourism and Benchmarking destinations by DOT- ADB, DILG and AUSAID – DOT Sec. Ramon Jimenez has named Bohol as Top Learning Center. EcoGov 2, an ecological governance project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as an Omnibus Learning Destination for Good Environmental Governance because of the highly adoptable environment programs.
- The Outstanding Philippines Organic Agriculturists (TOPOA) Award in the Local Government Unit (LGU) category for 2011 – The TOPOA endeavors to help and support government in its policy thrust towards the utilization and attainment of organic agriculture, by forging ties with the private sector, the Department of Agriculture (DA) and its agencies.
- Bohol Provincial Library as the 2nd Most Outstanding Library in the entire country – awarded during the 2012 search for Outstanding Provincial Libraries, Bohol was chosen as second from 12 finalists.
- 2012 Best PAIR (Partner in Anti-Illegal Recruitment) – a national award given by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) with the Department of Labor for Bohol’s support, programs and initiatives on their campaign vs illegal recruitment and human trafficking.
- 2012 Gawad Paglilingkod sa Sambayan (GAPAS) – Regional and National award given by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) as Model Province in the entire country in the delivery of services, innovative programs and support to DSWD projects leading to the upliftment of the people’s quality of life.
- 2011 Dangal ng Bayan Award and 2000 Lingkod Bayan Award for Governor Edgar M. Chatto – For his outstanding public service and for consistent demonstration of exemplary conduct and ethical behavior throughout his career as a public servant. The recognitions note that the awardee has shown commitment to public interest, professionalism, justness and sincerity, political neutrality, responsiveness to the public, nationalism and patriotism, commitment to democracy, and simple living. These awards are part of the Honor Awards Program of the Civil Service Commission where the governor was the first public official bestowed with both highest national honors by the President of the Republic of the Philippines and the Chairman of the Civil Service Commission.